Subject: Re: Building programs to use UVM...
To: Patrick Welche <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/08/1998 02:44:32
On Wed, Jul 08, 1998 at 06:45:39AM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:

> > Also, I've been using the BSDI 1.1 (?) Netscape 4.0.5, and it seems to not
> > want to run under UVM. Has anyone else noticed this? Are there any ports
> > of Netscape Navigator (standalone) that run properly under UVM?
> "It works for me" - I found I needed the following compat options for
> the emulation:

Well... A general update: I'm able to build and run a UVM-based kernel, and
I've successfully built a UVM-based userland now. :) Also, my old BSDI
Netscape binary works now that I've added COMPAT_12 to my config.

Everything is good. I'll probably start doing weekly kernel and userland
builds now, or something.

Thanks, all, for the help...

Mason Loring
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments
 dropped from day's caravan."--Rabindranath Tagore...awake ? sleep : dream;