Subject: Build failing over missing libntp_pic.a
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/1998 06:58:49
I get part way through the the build but it fails every time in libntp in
the domestic/lib directory.  After building and installing the lint
libraries, it does the following.

depend ===> libacl
depend ===> libcom_err
depend ===> libdes
depend ===> libkafs
depend ===> libkdb
depend ===> libkrb
depend ===> libkadm
depend ===> libss
depend ===> libkstream
depend ===> libntp
depend ===> libcrypt
depend ===> libtelnet
all ===> libacl
all ===> libcom_err
all ===> libdes
all ===> libkafs
all ===> libkdb
all ===> libkrb
all ===> libkadm
all ===> libss
all ===> libkstream
all ===> libntp

In libntp it gets through most of it then fails as follows.

building shared ntp library (version 0.0)
ld -x -shared  -o /usr/src/domestic/lib/libntp/../../../lib/libntp/libntp.so.0.0    --whole-archive libntp_pic.a --no-whole-archive
ld: libntp_pic.a: No such file or directory

If I go into the directory and manually run make, it completes OK.  Anyone
have any idea why this fails when I run make build?