Subject: More information...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 07/06/1998 22:07:58
Sorry for all the bandwidth I'm using, first off! That said...

The kernel I build with a fake opt_compat_netbsd.h seems to work well enough.
I'm running with it now, and I haven't seen any problems. Unfortunately, I
wasn't able to get it to build with UVM, so I'm still using the old VM
system. Oh, well... At least I can run ps and top now, which I've *really*
missed these last couple days.

I'm building the world now... If it goes through properly, I'll consider that
to be a win.

If no one has any ideas about why I can't seem to build with UVM, or why I'm
seeing a need for opt_compat_netbsd.h, I'd love to hear 'em. If no one has
any clues, I'll just keep supping and building until it works. I'll try to
figure it out myself, of course, but I've got a fairly small chance of
success, as I see it. :)

Salient points to remember: I've supped from scratch. I've re-built config
and ld from the -current sources I've supped. I've based my kernel config
on GENERIC, but then, I get exactly the same errors if I try to build a
GENERIC kernel, so it isn't anything funky in the config file. I'm on an
i386 box - AMD K6/233.

Thanks in advance for clues... I'd love to start running UVM.

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments