Subject: Re: NATM broken: atm needs-flag vs options NATM
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/1998 23:31:38
>> Perhaps "options NATM" should really be renamed to prevent a name
>> clash again.

> I would agree.  Kernel options that begin with 'N' should be in a
> reserved namespace for the exclusive use of config(8).

Looking at a few GENERIC config files in a (rather old) source tree I
happen to have handy, I find four options beginning with N, none of
which strike me as likely to be mistaken for counts a la NATM:
NFSSERVER, NFSCLIENT, NULLFS, NFS_BOOT_RWSIZE.  I think reserving all
options beginning with N is..excessive.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca