Subject: Re: NATM broken: atm needs-flag vs options NATM
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/1998 13:48:23
>On Sun, 5 Jul 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

[snip]
>: Is it safe to just delete the "needs-flag" from net/if_atmsubr.c?

>The code should make use of atm.h, since that flag is defined by the "files"
>file, and the #ifdef construct should change to "#if NATM > 0".  "options
>NATM" exists nowhere in kernel config files - it is supposed to function
>automatically.

No. They select _different things_.  One is turned on if an atm device
is configured (c.f. the arp attribute). The other enables a native ATM
networking stack via /sys/netatm, which is selected via "options NATM".

Check sys/conf/files: it has dependencies on both atm and natm.  I'm
suggesting we eliminate the conflict by dropping "needs-flag" on atm,
since atm.h doens't seem to be used anywhere.  (options NATM would
then be defopt'ed, as for other network-stack options.)