Subject: Re: Awk change in 1.3.2 (follow up)
To: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/1998 13:53:36
   Slightly off-topic, but as of NetBSD 1.3, flex/lex still doesn't
   properly build lexyy.c in awk.research from the 4.4-lite CD.

   In the past, others have claimed that it compiled out of the box,
   and suggested using "lex -l". As far as I can tell it still doesn't
   work. As far as I can tell flex ain't lex...

i've had no problem building the provided lexyy.c or one built with
sun's lex(1), but flex fails in several ways.  i had looked into this
and knew all the details but i've forgotten now :(

netbsd must use the provided (pregenerated) lex files, for now..

.mrg.