Subject: Re: XF86Setup
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/1998 22:07:17
> I've never used it - I've always used xf86config. Is it really that much
> better? What does it do that xf86config ignores?

 Can you say "GUI" and "straight forward"? :-) It is by far more easy
to use, to play around and to fix a setup than this ugly text-based
non-menu stuff.

> In any event, xf86config is quite easy to use, IMHO. I got it working the
> first time I ever set up X on an i386 box, and it wasn't terribly hard to
> do...

 Hu? I never was able to do it right, way too much hassle. You need to
know too much about your hardware, even your monitor.

> That package would almost beat out emacs for size! Heh.

 It isnt.

--
Markus Illenseer