Subject: Re: Upgrade steps from 1.3 -> -current needed.
To: Andreas Gustafsson <gson@araneus.fi>
From: David Forbes <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 06/30/1998 14:34:42
> Speaking of kernel configuration interfaces, it would be really neat
> if someone could set up a server that would let you enter your desired
> kernel configuration in a HTML form and then built a custom kernel for
> you automatically.  Then it would let you download the kernel, or even
> a boot floppy image containing it, by HTTP or FTP.

Ultimately, this is what I had in mind (in fact the rest is ready, just
the CGI bit needs sorting).  However, it probably won't be much use to
other people from my machine, because I'm NetBSD/arm32.  If, when
finished, someone wants the system to put on their machines for their
architectures, though, that could be arranged.

David.