Subject: Re: Upgrade steps from 1.3 -> -current needed.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Gustafsson <gson@araneus.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 06/30/1998 16:16:16
David Forbes wrote:
>> Hmm, a menu driven hierarchial program might be nice.
>
> On and off, I've been working on a HTML page and CGI script to do this -
> it's not finished, but does anyone wnat it, if it ever sees a "finished"
> state?

Speaking of kernel configuration interfaces, it would be really neat
if someone could set up a server that would let you enter your desired
kernel configuration in a HTML form and then built a custom kernel for
you automatically.  Then it would let you download the kernel, or even
a boot floppy image containing it, by HTTP or FTP.

This would be useful for people whose machines have too little memory
or disk to build a kernel themselves.  It would also be helpful in
cases where the kernel on the standard boot floppy is in some way
incompatible with the user's particular hardware configuration, or
simply too big.

Of course, we need one of these per architecture...
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson@araneus.fi