Subject: how do I install the ncurses package?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1998 11:09:31
Hello gang!

Just wondering: how do I install the ncurses package and actually get it to
It compiles fine, it installs fine, when I compile a package that needs it
the program compiles fine, but when I run the program nothing but garbage
appears on the screen.  This has happened to multiple programs.  I've had
this problem ever since I began to tangle with ncurses 2 years ago, but
ignored it then opting for curses usage instead.  Unfortunately I can't
slink by with curses with some programs I have now.  Details of my setup:
NetBSD-current/i386, pc3 terminal emulation, latest ncurses package.  Any
suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks.

my home page is
Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 9249485 or,
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center: (go there and try it!) or,
* Send me E-mail Express directly to my computer screen
For downloading ICQ at
For adding similar signatures to your e-mail go to: