Subject: Re: Off-topic: Dumb IPNAT question
To: None <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/1998 18:02:44
> 	Does the Rhapsody ftp client understand 'passive'?

Duh ... *slaps forehead*.  Why didn't I think of that ...  arggh.

It does, fortunately.  Amusingly, the man page lists

	-adeginptvV (and -P port and -r seconds)

as options, but the client only implements

	-gdintv

for some reason.  (Bug report time)  Interestingly, the man page also claims
it supports URLS (e.g., "ftp http://host[:port]/file") but the client doesn't
implement that either.  I suspect they got their FTP client from stock 4.4BSD
and their ftp(1) man page from semi-recent NetBSD or FreeBSD releases ...

I was hoping to use "alias ftp ftp -p" but I'll have to remember to always set
"passive" mode now ...

Thanks David.  We now return you to our regularly-scheduled current-users
programming ...

	- Greg

P.S. In a completely unrelated vein, the 1.3.2 "sysinst" completely locks my
     Pentium 133 box up solid, much like 1.3.1 and 1.3 before it ... *sigh*