Subject: New IDE code release
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <email@example.com>
Date: 06/13/1998 17:14:42
I've updated the IDE patches on ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/incoming/bouyer/,
as well as the GENERIC kernel and the boot floppy.
Changes since last week:
- Don't try to change the PIO mode of the drive if we can't set it on
the controller. This confuse some ISA 'intelligent' IDE controllers.
- Emergency fix for non-atapi or non-wd kernels
- Correct a bug that would cause the drives to be unusable on non-32bit
- Support setting PIO/DMA modes for atapi devices the same way it's done
for wd drives
- PCIIDE: when using DMA, enable fast timings for PIO modes too if possible,
atapi devices use both.
- PCIIDE: correct settings of UDMA register. UDMA now works.
As usual, please report success/failures.
Manuel Bouyer, LIP6, Universite Paris VI. Manuel.Bouyer@lip6.fr