Subject: Re: Please make it stop..
To: None <tooleym@Douglas.BC.CA>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/1998 12:24:35
tooleym@Douglas.BC.CA writes:
> This spam is killing me.. I can't believe this sudden upsurgence of
> crap that comes through the NetBSD mailing lists..  Guys! Can we do
> *any*thing about this at the mailing list? Did some pissant start
> archiving the lists on a web server again?
>
> *sigh*

Checkout:
http://www.senate.gov/~murkowski/commercialemail/EMailAmendText.html

According to the effective date (30 days after the date of enactment),
assuming May 12, 1998 is the enactment date, today should be the first
day this bill is enforceable.  I'm not a lawyer.  I am making assumptions,
but this unidentified SPAM *should* be illegal starting today or tomorrow.
(and can be reported to the Federal Trade Commission)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.