Subject: Re: problems with arpa/inet.h
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/1998 22:50:30
>>> ...before including <arpa/inet.h>, you need <netinet/in.h>.
>> any idea when the netinet/in.h dependency will be fixed?
> "fixed"?  It's not a bug; it's been documented that way for years.

Just because it's documented doesn't make it any less of a bug (or any
more of a bug, for that matter).

> Code that forgets <netinet/in.h> before <arpa/inet.h> will fail to
> compile on a lot more than just NetBSD....

So?  Its being widespread doesn't make it any less of a bug either.

My position is: every include file should be includeable on its own,
independent of what may be necessary to use any particular facility
that the file may provide (partial) support for.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca