Subject: Re: renice oddity
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: [This is my bacque pas, this is my faux pas] <email@example.com>
Date: 06/06/1998 08:48:23
der Mouse sez:
* > I forgot the space after the p to find to my surprise:
* > % renice +6 -p9748
* setpriority(2) says, in part,
* A zero value of who denotes the current process, process group, or
* so what you actually did was you changed the priority of the renice
* process itself. (It then promptly died, so this didn't end up having a
* whole lot of effect.)
I would submit that if the space matters, the option parser in renice
is broken; "-p449" should equal "-p 449"
* der Mouse
"Your chief has even inscribed his name on the sole of my boot."