Subject: Re: media selection on (ne* at pcmcia*) cards...
To: Chris Jones <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/1998 13:58:36
On Fri, 5 Jun 1998 14:58:59 -0600 (MDT)
 Chris Jones <> wrote:

there currently isn't media selection support the NE2000 driver.  I suspect
the registers to frob are going to be card-specific.

If you can get documentation on how this works on your card, I can help you
make it work.

 > ...Does it work?  I remember seeing a message here recently about media
 > selection not working on *something*, but I don't remember if it applied
 > to pcmcia cards.
 > I've got a faculty member with a pcmcia ethernet card which works fine
 > over BNC, but not at all with UTP.  If media selection doesn't work, is
 > there any workaround, like a source code mod that will hard-code UTP
 > instead of BNC?
 > Thanks in advance.
 > Chris
 > Chris Jones
 >            Mad scientist at large
 > "Is this going to be a stand-up programming session, sir, or another bug hunt?"

Jason R. Thorpe
Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 428 6939