Subject: Re: NIS and split passwords
To: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@cntw.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/1998 04:19:30
On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Rick Kelly wrote:

> Or one could just hack rpc.yppasswdd to use /var/yp/passwd or
> whatever.

It's easy to say, harder to do!

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

The problem isn't just rpc.yppasswdd it's also libutil (passwd.c).

e.g. libutil must be fixed to send the correct directory name to
pwd_mkdb, pw_lock must be learned to lock the correct file.

The interface to pw_* has improved, since I wrote rpc.yppasswdd, but
not enough.

> --
> Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
>                 http://tencats.rmkhome.com