Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.3.2
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/31/1998 18:00:43
Frank van der Linden said:

>Try to boot a dos floppy, run pfdisk or any other utility that will
>print out the BIOS geometry, and write it down. Run the install
>again, when asked if the geometry is correct choose "no" and
>specify the one you wrote down.
>
>The geometry should be one of the typical ones that an Adaptec BIOS sets
>for you.. I think it's probably 519 cyl, 255 hds, 63 secs in this case.

It is now set to: 522 cyl, 255 hds, 63 secs as the BIOS geometry,
however it still thinks the real geometry is 3956, 19, and 111.

If this doesn't work, I may try installing NetBSD 1.3 and then
upgrading. The machine I'm typing this on has an identical
motherboard to the other system, and 1.3 installed okay with
two 2.1 meg drives.

Wintel is the spawn of the devil!!
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com