Subject: Re: Sendmail 8.9.0
To: Erik E. Fair <rankind@iglou.com>
From: After 5 PM please slip brain through slot in door. <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1998 19:22:38
Take into account that the reason Sendmail has suffered security problems
is that the majority of SMTP speakers on the net have heretofore been
Sendmail, and so the vast amount of crackers (wups, almost typed hackers --
sorry!) have zeroed in on them and just kept pounding on them until they
got through.

Were there another de facto standard in place out there which was taking
as strong a hold as sendmail, it'd have probably been discovered to have
as many, if not the same, problems.

				--*greywolf;
--
A whole wide world, an endless universe/Yet we keep looking thru the eyeglass
in reverse/Don't feed the people but we feed the machines/Can't really feel