Subject: Re: Sendmail and licensing (fwd)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1998 14:15:16
rankind@iglou.com (DAVID RANKIN) writes:
> Considering how little real functionality difference there is between
> Sendmail 8.8.8 and Sendmail 8.9.0, I agree with a "Wait and see"
> attitude.

There is a big difference between what one can filter in 8.8.8 and 8.9.0.

I ran my own and later Claus's Assman's *.mc stuff on 8.8.X.  Under
8.8.8 you can't filter on (internal) header data.  Thats a *very* big
lose.  Check your spam sometime and see how many realy easy kills you
get by filtering on any of the following headers: