Subject: Re: Sendmail 8.9.0
To: Chris Jones <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1998 15:08:13
Chris Jones said:

>How about leaving sendmail 8.8.8 in the source tree (it will always have a
>BSD license, right?), and putting 8.9.* in /usr/pkgsrc?  That way, the
>intellectual acrobatics (of changing from what's installed by default to
>what people supposedly want to run) are minimized.

I like this idea. It has the BSD license and it can use rules to
combat spam and mail relaying.

I use a set of rules written by Daniele Orlandi and posted to the SPAM-L
mailing list. The rules require a /etc/spam directory containing lists
of various hosts, evil spammers, and ip addresses. The rules file is
about 4k. The rules work very well. The license?

#
# LICENSE: Do whatever you want with it.
#

I also have qmail here on one machine. While it is fast and fairly easy
to install, it is still in the frequent patches stage. It is still
more for tinkerers than for the person who just wants to get mail up
and running.

--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
                http://tencats.rmkhome.com