Subject: Re: pppd changes
To: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/26/1998 13:35:18
Hi Martin,

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Martin Husemann wrote:

> Yes, but please check if it works for you without that patch and an
> explicit "asyncmap" option.

Oh, somehow I misunderstood your first message a bit. I admit I am a bit
astonished, but that option does the trick. it would be nice if you could
describe shortly what this "asyncmap" does. According to the man it
escapes control sequences that can't be transferred over the line. But
that starts for 0x00 with a value of 0x00000001 and so on. Does 0 stand
for "All characters can be transferred"? If so, why would I need to set
the option at all?

But first thanks a lot for the hint.

Paul: The SIGTERM and the exiting were caused by a kill from me to end the
session after ensuring that it didn't work. So at least that were ok. And
thanks for the compression hints, but those didn't effect the problem. (I
tried different settings before asking.) Thanks to you, too.

undid several changes, not just one.
2. All that was unneccessary, because "asyncmao 0" in the options file
works.

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke   | E-Mail: hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de
PGP-Key available | Use PGP! Or don't you use envelopes for your letters?