Subject: mount failing on 1.3E-sparc
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Thompson <yak@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/24/1998 04:59:53
I recently built a 1.3E kernel from the current sources on my
sparcstation 2, currently running 1.3.1 kernel and userland.  I
rebooted with the new kernel.  In multiuser mode, it hangs on the line
in /etc/rc "mount /".  If I boot single-user, and hit return when
prompted for a shell, it also hangs, but if I type "/bin/sh", it gives
me a shell.  I can do stuff from the shell, but I cannot mount / rw.
All of userland is from 1.3.1, except X, which is from 1.3.  I looked
at the mount sources, and they have not changed, so I would not expect
a problem.

Any thoughts?

Brad