Subject: Re: Kaffee for NetBSD reference?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/1998 16:26:33
>There is also a port from NetBSD to JDK-1.1.5:
>http://www.quick.com.au/java/
>which is also based on the FreeBSD port.

>For the least hassle you might want to consider the 1.1.5 port to NetBSD

Just want to mention that if you plan on using AWT, be sure to grab

jdk115b1-awt-update2.tar.gz as well as jdk115b1.tar.gz

the awt update2 contains a current (as of then) lesstif which fixes the
known AWT problems.

I have not built a new complete tar ball, since AWT is the only bit that
has changed and I'll be working on a 1.1.6 soon (as I get some time).

Lesstif has improved greatly since Mozilla was released, and is now
pretty well ok for JDK.

Oh and please try the mirrors before quick.com.au as our link is
much slower.

--sjg