Subject: Re: Problem with KDE package
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/1998 14:08:55
mark@giganet.net (Mark Andres) writes:

>On 15 May 1998, Matthias Scheler wrote:

>> That's exactly the problem. I suppose you just untared "pkgsrc.tar.gz"
>> without deleting the "/usr/pkgsrc" before.

>Umm, if I do a 'rm -R /usr/pkgsrc' then I lose all record of what packages
>I have added.  In other words, doing a 'pkg-info' no longer works.

Eh?  What packages have been installed is registered in /var/db/pkg.  Remove
/usr/pkgsrc shouldn't affect that directory at all.

What exactly have you done to install packages?

--
Christoph Badura

Now available in print: Lion's Commentary on UNIX 6th Edition, with Source Code
			http://www.peer-to-peer.com/