Subject: Re: calendar diffs, et. al.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/1998 09:53:48
> ie, I want 04/12/1998 to only print in 1998.

For what it's worth, I think nn/nn/nnnn dates are a Really Bad Idea.
Does 04/12/1998 mean April 12th or December 4th?  Some people will
automatically assume one, some will equally automatically assume the
other.  Yet others - like me - will be sufficiently aware of both
conventions to reject the syntax in favor of something less ambiguous.

I'd prefer nnnn-nn-nn, thhough I could live with nnnn/nn/nn.  (For that
matter, I don't much like nn/nn dates either, for much the same reason,
but can't see any fix better than writing something like ****/nn/nn for
them.)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca