Subject: Re: calendar diffs, et. al.
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/12/1998 11:23:47
Ty Sarna wrote:
> the more complicated this gets! Maybe this is going in the wrong
> direction -- just handle the common stuff, and have a separate script to
> generate a calendar file with nailed-down dates for the holidays in a
> given year?

OK, new proposal:

- add an optional lookahead specification, defaulting to -l + -w or
  overridden by -L + -w as discussed previously.  Syntax: maybe a +
  followed by a number of days.  Example: "Apr 15 +14" to pester about
  taxes eevry day for two weeks before they're due.

- add the ability to match on the year as well as month and day (treat
  any number in the date part that is between 60 and 99 as a 1900+Y year
  spec, and anything >1900 as a year spec).

- write usholiday(1), christan(1), and judaic(1) (and others as desired)
  that generate entries with years for moving events for a given year or
  range of years. I'll take a stab at writing these if desired.

- Have the build process use them to generate
  calendar.{usholiday|christan|judaic} files that
  look a good long way into the future, like 2010 or so.