Subject: Re: calendar diffs, et. al.
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 05/12/1998 10:54:54
On Mon, May 11, 1998 at 10:00:13PM -0500, Ty Sarna wrote:

> I guess this is a useful feature, but I'd want the command line to
> override these, since otherwise it defeats the purpose I added the flags
> for. Seems like there must be a better syntax, too.

Yeah - the syntax is downright bad. I think I'll muck about with it a
bit, and come up with an extensible syntax that doesn't end up choking the
current calendar app.

I'll add in a command-line switch to disable any and all funky processing...
I guess in future, if multiple options are added, the "extension disable"
switch could act like some of the others, itself taking an argument that
describes which options to disable.

> One major lacking piece is the ability to specify dates that move
> around.

Yeah. I think that could be addressed with the extension format I'm
pondering... I'll give it some thought, knock off an initial implementation,
and send more diffs to the list. (I'll base all diffs on the source I
snagged the other day, I guess - I don't expect the calendar program to
receive any heavy changes aside from what I'll be doing.)

I'll write back when I have something. If I manage to come up with some-
thing acceptably good, what's the procedure for submitting my changes for
consideration?

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments