Subject: Re: BEWARE: sup just deleted entire pkgsrc tree
To: Jim Bernard <jbernard@tater.mines.edu>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/10/1998 20:14:58
[ On Sun, May 10, 1998 at 08:38:31 (-0600), Jim Bernard wrote: ]
> Subject: BEWARE: sup just deleted entire pkgsrc tree
>
>   Does anybody have any clue why sup just deleted my entire pkgsrc tree.
> On two systems.  No changes to the local sup configurations in months, and
> no changes to the local operating systems in more than a week.  Sup runs
> have been normal on a daily basis "forever".  Yes, I've got it configured
> with the "delete" option---always have.

yup, mine too.

That's why I'd never do anything live in a sup mirror.  I sup into
/var/sup, and then I "cvs import -I !" into my repository (and then run
my "'cvs rm' vendor deleted files" script).  Even if I accidentally
import an empty directory and subsequently 'cvs rm' everything I can
still undo it and work with the last import pending fixes to the sup
server.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@acm.org>      <robohack!woods>