Subject: on Dell Latitude CP
To: users current <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/1998 13:33:40
Anyone running 1.3.x on a Dell Latitude CP?  Any thing I should watch out
for?  What network card?  I have a Xircom Combo card, but I think that's
out of the question.  I also have a 3Com EtherLink XL too (don't know if
this works with NetBSD).

I've split the 3gig HD with the first half running Win95 and the second
half planning for NetBSD1.3x.  I've never done this before.  Usually I
just run NetBSD and only on the workstation (not Laptop).  So this is my
first NetBSD install on a laptop and a split HD.  Anything I should watch
out for?

For all who cares, I replaced my ThinkPad with this Dell because I wore
out the keyboard on the ThinkPad (the keys became non-responsive and very
hard). KB on the TP sux really bad.. atleast it does on the 760.  The
keyboard on the Dell Latitude CP is very responsive.  I think it trippled
my typing speed.  The TP760 also doesn't have a port for an external KB.

So, that's my rant on Laptops if you type alot.

Thomas T. Thai          Infomedia Interactive Communications
tom@iic.net             TEL 612.376.9090 * FAX 612.376.9087