Subject: Amanda Success
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1998 22:12:46
I thought I'd let everyone know that, after the problems I had with
Amanda a few weeks ago, I have managed to get 2.4.0 working reliably
again.  The why is a little odd, but it works.

-  I tried compiling 2.4.0 straight out of the box with no options on
'configure'.  Mistake!

-  I tried it with --with-user=backup and --with-group=operator and the
system compiled cleanly and installed where I expected it to.  It
wouldn't run through a dump set.

-  I grabbed 'gdb' and used the only command I understand (bt) and found
that the SYSvSHM routine was doing something the system didn't like (a
'unimplemented system call in shmget()').  I added a new option to
'configure': --with-mmap (to not use the SYSV stuff and use mmap()).

-  Life is good now.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom