Subject: Re: Bootstrapping to -current from 1.3
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Jim Bernard <jbernard@tater.mines.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/1998 07:53:14
On 5 1, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:
> Now I'm trying to do a clean build of stage-2 -current using the
> stage-1 -current.  I'm again bombing out on:
>
>     install ===> libntp
>     install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444  llib-lntp.ln /usr/libdata/lint
>     install: llib-lntp.ln: No such file or directory
>     *** Error code 1
>
> Now what is very curious is that a llib-lntp.ln does exist in the
> directory:
> /v/src/netbsd/NetBSD-current/usr/src/domestic/lib/libntp/../../../lib/libntp/
>
> I can install it by cd-ing to that directory and doing a make install.

  There's a bug in bsd.lib.mk that causes this (actually, I think it could
be worked around by changing the libntp Makefile, but it looks like it's
really a problem in bsd.lib.mk).  Anyway, it was reported almost two months
ago by Nathan Williams in PR 5137 with a fix.  I've used a slightly different
fix locally with success, but I'm almost certain the one in the PR should work,
and it looks like the right thing to do.

  I'm curious why this has remained broken for so long.