Subject: Re: inetd core dumps
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, apriebe@aip.de>
From: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/1998 08:39:36
apr@spade.apc.aip.de said:

> > After upgrading from 1.3.1 to 1.3E(April 13) w/ UVM inetd dumps core
> > together with Amanda's sendbackup program, which is started via a amanda
> > daemon from inetd. Both core dumps (sendbackup and inetd) happen at
> > the same  [...]

> The same happems to me on netbsd-pmax (Decstation 5000/200). I'm
> running -current as of Apr 13.

These crashes appear to have been caused by dump(8) crashing. The patch in
PR5346 that fixes dump also got rid of the problem of sendbackup and inetd
dumping core.  I still do not understand how a child process of a process
started by inetd can cause inetd itself to crash.
--
Andreas Wrede              Planix, Inc.
andreas@planix.com         Networking, System Administration, Consulting