Subject: Re: pkg/4793: the tiff package contains a patch for the Makefile
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1998 22:08:01
Hi,
I am having this exact problem with the tiff package.  I was going to
submit a PR, but according to the GNATS database, this PR was "filed in
error", so was closed by agc.  patch-ae also fails on tools/tiffcp.c.

Any suggestions?  I'll send another PR, but I just don't understand why
this one was considered "filed in error".

Thanks,
	Rick

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> >Number:         4793
> >Category:       pkg
> >Synopsis:       the tiff package contains a patch for the Makefile
> >Confidential:   no
> >Severity:       critical
> >Release:        today
> >Environment:
>
> System: NetBSD cosinus.cs.uni-bonn.de 1.3 NetBSD 1.3 (GENERIC) #0: Tue Dec 30 18:26:29 EST 1997 perry@jekyll.piermont.com:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC i386

> The TIFF package contains a patch for the Makefile, which doesn't exist
> until configure is run.
> >How-To-Repeat:
> 	cd /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/tiff; make
> >Fix:
> 	create a patch for Makefile.in instead.
> >Audit-Trail:
> >Unformatted:

Rick Byers                       University of Waterloo, Computer Science
rickb@iaw.on.ca                               http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/