Subject: Re: A dependency problem while upgrading
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih+mail@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
List: current-users
Date: 04/17/1998 23:18:46
I wrote:

> I've just realized that there's an unfortunate problem in the way it
> is decided whether to install header files during a "make includes"
> run.  The following order of events is what just bit me:

Never mind.  *sigh*

I just discovered that I've been having UPDATE set in my /etc/mk.conf,
so in effect I was asking for these problems.  I can't understand what
possessed me to turn that thing on in the first place, but there you
have it.  (Oh, and it wasn't just header files, of course, but every
file that's installed directly from the source distribution.)

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"