Subject: Re: README: pkgsrc and bsd.port{.subdir}.mk
To: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/1998 12:20:08
On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> I've moved the location of bsd.port.mk and bsd.port.subdir.mk, from
> src/share/mk into pkgsrc/mk. This means that people can now grab the
> pkgsrc.tar.gz, install the relevant package Makefiles
>
> 	(cd pkgsrc/mk ; make install)
>
> and then use the packages collection with the relevant files in sync.

This seems like a wonderful thing.  However, is there any reason not to
include those files directly from /usr/pkgsrc?  Why bother to install them
in /usr/share/mk, when they're not (as far as I know) relevant to anything
besides pkgsrc, and when pkgsrc Makefiles change as the *.mk files change?

Chris

Chris Jones                                      cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu
           Mad scientist in training...