Subject: Adaptec 7895 controller
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/1998 14:34:39
We have some Intel DK440LX motherboards (dual PII) which have an
integrated Adaptec 7895 controller. This is a dual channel, ultra-wide
controller similar to the 3940. It isn't recognized by 1.3.1 kernels:

  Adaptec product 0x7895 (SCSI mass storage, revision 0x03) at pci0 dev 9 function 0 not configured
  Adaptec product 0x7895 (SCSI mass storage, revision 0x03) at pci0 dev 9 function 1 not configured

Is there something simple I can do to make it work, or do I need to wait
for a new driver? Time to import a new version from FreeBSD?