Subject: Re: Compiling an kernel with egcs?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/1998 11:45:33

   I've changed the default Makefile.${ARCH} files to add -Wno-main to the end
   of the warn flags only iff your compiler is gcc 2.8 or egcs.  Whether a port
   needs -ffreestanding and not just -Wno-main (probably not until the future)
   will be up to portmasters.

this really should be -ffreestanding, as the kernel is *not* a hosted system,
not just that our main() looks different...  (and the 'stock' egcs has will
*always* warn about the return value of main() -- it is defined that way.  the
"bug" seebs talked about is actually intended.  however, it should be commented
in the NetBSD source tree's copy of egcs.

.mrg.