Subject: IPNAT box, and ethernet cards
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1998 16:14:21
Normally, I'm a Mac kind of guy, but I've recently picked up a PC and a
couple of ethernet cards to use as an IPNAT box between a cable modem
and a small (~6 hosts) local network.  I have a couple of questions:

The PC is a Gateway 2000 486/33.  Does it have enough horsepower to
handle the job?

I need help identifying the ethernet cards.  They have AAUI/coax/RJ-45
connectors, and the only ID I can find on them is a FCC registration
(HEDEN1650) and a barcode on the back which has the string UE1650 on it.
I see no jumpers on them, so I'll probably need software to configure
them.  Any idea what software and where to find it?

Thanks for any help,
~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Yesterday I was a dog.  Today I'm a dog.  Tomorrow I'll probably still
be a dog. Sigh!  There's so little hope for advancement.
		-- Snoopy