Subject: Re: Compiling an kernel with egcs?
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1998 18:35:39
On Sun, 12 Apr 1998 seebs@plethora.net wrote:

: >I allready tried -Wno-main before I send the mail to current-user, but that
: >doesn't fix the error.
:
: That's a bug; I'm pretty sure it's also a bug that was fixed in the original
: patches I sent in, so it may have been introduced by accident.

Hm.  It works for me, as long as -Wno-main is _after_ -Wall.  Code check
shows that -Wno-main does what it's told.  I'm contemplating a "clean" way
of adding this option to kernel Makefiles without breaking them on gcc 2.7.
Particulary, I have to check if the FSF distribution of gcc 2.8 accepts
-Wno-main, or if it is only an egcs thing.

: Note that -ffreestanding may or may not still have the implication of
: -fno-builtin; it did when I submitted it, but this may be a bad enough
: idea on some platforms that it got taken out.

There's a flag_hosted that is set/unset by -f{,no-}freestanding, but nothing
in the egcs 1.0.2 code seems to use it.