Subject: Re: Compiling an kernel with egcs?
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1998 16:48:44
In message <199804122121.XAA23156@arresum.inka.de>, Bernd Ernesti writes:
>I allready tried -Wno-main before I send the mail to current-user, but that
>doesn't fix the error.

That's a bug; I'm pretty sure it's also a bug that was fixed in the original
patches I sent in, so it may have been introduced by accident.

Note that -ffreestanding may or may not still have the implication of
-fno-builtin; it did when I submitted it, but this may be a bad enough
idea on some platforms that it got taken out.  (It's *logically* correct,
because freestanding implementations don't necessarily reserve the standard
library namespace, but a lot of systems may depend on it not being there.)

Anyway, I'd skim the code looking for warn_main, but I haven't got a current
source tree handy and I'm too lazy.  :)

-s