Subject: Mozilla on other NetBSD platforms.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/1998 02:27:23
For those of you who will want to compile Mozilla on other platforms
than the i386, here are some hints:

	* Look at nsprpub/pr/include/md/_netbsd.cfg and see if the
	  typesize / endian defines in there are right.
	* See if your architecture is handled correctly in
	  nsprpub/pr/include/md/_netbsd.h
	  This mainly means checking if it is included and that the
	  index of the stack pointer in a jmp_buf  is correctly
	  defined. _PR_VMBASE and _PR_STACK_VMBASE also may need
	  modification.
	* If there are any special linker fkags needed for shared
	  libraries for your architecture, look at config/NetBSD.mk
	  and check if they are right there. Note that for -current,
	  all ports can use -shared, but I did not use it yet
	  for all ports because I wanted to support 1.3.x

For both files mentioned above, I filled in what I knew about some
architectures, but for others I didn't even pretend to know
anything and just made it #error out explicitly.

The rest should all be machine-idene

- Frank