Subject: Mozilla package
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/1998 01:01:45
I just checked in a package for Mozilla. This is currently only tested
on the i386. Sparc and m68k may Just Work, but are untested.  Others will
certainly need some fixing in the MD parts of the code (mainly some
defines in the nsprpub thread code).

Mozilla works fairly well with Motif. Lesstiff 0.83 will bomb out
pretty soon. I hear that lesstif-current will give you a better
shot at success.

The executables are installed as "moz-export" (dynamically linked
version) and "mozilla-export" (statically linked). Also installed
are all the shared objects that moz-exports is linked with.
Note that you will need some 100 Mb to store the distributed
.tar.gz source file + unpacked sources + compiled objects. You
need some 6.5Mb more to install.

If you get it to work on another architecture, drop me a note
and I will add the patches to the package. Also send me a message
if you have other NetBSD-specific problems.

I have submitted the diffs to mozilla.org, and will continue to do
so as the package keeps up with newer versions.

- Frank