Subject: ATM drivers...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew K. Adams <akadams@wraith.psc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/1998 13:29:15
I was wondering if I could get some (or any) ATM status information on the
following:

	- Cards supported under current (either i386 or Alpha ports).

	- Minimal functionality of those drivers (ie. PVC, SVC, RFC 1588).

	- Future support plans.

Currently, we have several NetBSD platforms setup throughout our network,
however, we are in the process of migrating our backbone from FDDI to ATM
as any good giga-pop should :-) Unfortunately, moving our backbone to ATM
is forcing us to look at FreeBSD and Linux for some of the platforms (eg.
route servers) simply because of their ATM support.

Although we are ordering Efficient cards (FreeBSD & Linux support
Efficient) for these boxes, I am very interested in driver support for
Digital's ATM card -- we have several DEC ATM cards doing nothing. Very
unfortunate, for Digital's ATM cards are very good.

Thank you,
Andrew

--
Andrew K. Adams				Network Engineer
National Laboratory of Applied Network Research: