Subject: Re: more file descriptors
To: Tom T. Thai <>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/1998 10:11:11
On Sat, Apr 04, 1998 at 04:20:33PM -0600, Tom T. Thai wrote:
> that is one thing I have not done.  Currently sh ulimit show unlimited.

>From part2 of the INN-FAQ (distributed with INN)

Subject: (2.16) BSDi 2.0 / FreeBSD / NetBSD

BSDi has a default some datasize limits which will let some operations
fail. Add the following at the beginning of (and also of

limit datasize unlimited
limit openfiles 256
limit memoryuse unlimited
limit maxproc unlimited

There is only a reference to BSDi, but the same applies to NetBSD.

Another thing are your compile options in

#  If greater than -1, then use [gs]etrlimit to set that many descriptors.
#  If -1, then no [gs]etrlimit calls are done.
### =()<NOFILE_LIMIT           @<NOFILE_LIMIT>@>()=
NOFILE_LIMIT            -1

          See <a href="">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
Mann ist der hip mann hoer ich die Frauen sagen
seine Reimkraft macht ihn so ergiebig auch zwischen den Tagen - S.M.U.D.O