Subject: Mozilla diffs
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frank van der Linden <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 04/02/1998 03:38:55
I did a bit of work getting Mozilla to compile on -current. The first result
is in pub/NetBSD/misc/fvdl/mozilla.diff on ftp.netbsd.org
* When linked with Lesstiff, it dumps core when trying to load
the first page. When linked with a 'real' Motif library,
it works. So unless you have Motif or are willing to debug
this, the diff might not be of much use to you at the moment.
Lesstiff will print out some warning messages possibly
related to ifndef MOTIF11 in cmd/xfe/Microline3.0/XmL/Grid.c,
which might be related to the crash.
* I've only compiled and tested on the i386. Most other
platforms will require config file changes. I edited some
config files to #error out for platforms that need some
* To compile on 1.3 on an a.out system, you will also have to edit
config/NetBSD.mk and change '-shared' to '-Bshareable'. I made
this "-shared" because this flag is the same for all archs
* When compiled with -g, which is the default, the binary is big:
some 62Mb. Linking will eat a lot of swapspace, beware.
* It doesn't quite get the shared libs version right, i.e. it
always statically links in its own libs. This isnt hard to fix,
I just haven't done it yet.
In other words: this is a diff for the brave, and more to let you know
that this is being worked on..