Subject: Re: gated?
To: Bill Studenmund <>
From: Chris Jones <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/1998 09:40:35
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> It is not in the distribution due to licensing restrictions from the
> author. However enough NetBSD sites use it that we have hooks for it in
> /etc/rc & friends.

Hmm.  What would be the odds of putting this in as a package?  The last
time I tried to install gated (long time ago), it proved to be a daunting
task.  Of course, I didn't know as much then as I do now, but the
principle of the question is still the same:  for commonly used software
packages, it would be nice to have a package.  Is there a licensing issue
that prevents this, or has nobody gotten around to it yet?

Chris Jones
           Mad scientist in training...