Subject: Problems with ahc (pci Adaptek 2942 UW?)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D. Jay Newman <jay@sprucegrove.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/1998 10:19:22
Hi:

I can't seem to compile a kernel that works after the latest ahc driver
changes. I have an Adaptek PCI UW adapter (2942 UW, I think is the
number).

On a Feb. kernel that works, it shows on startup like:

ahc0 at pci0 dev 12 function 0
ahc0: interrupting at irq 11
ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7, 16 SCBs
scsibus0 at ahc0 channel 0: 16 targets

On a current kernel (supped 3/25) It can't seem to find the adaptor,
and hence can't seem to find my discs (it tries to use the geometry
reported by BIOS, and just hangs there).

I can get the exact report that I get on startup if necessary, but
essentially it says that the ahc0 device is busy.

Any suggestions? I'm using the same config file that worked three
weeks ago.

Any help will be appreciated.
--
D. Jay Newman                   ! For the pleasure and the profit it derives
jay@sprucegrove.com              ! I arrange things, like furniture, and