Subject: bug in /bin/sh *sigh*
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: tcjam <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/1998 19:39:02
Well I think this worked at one time and my latest build was from within
the last week so this should be a current change. 

There is a a script for ppp connections that handles a number list like


the numbers in the file are seperated by ':'s so that bit of code should
catch only the first number (works fine with bash and I'm almost sure it
worked before). I entered my primary pop number in the files and looked at
the chat script that was created and each time it missed the last number
so eventually I ended up with just ATDT in my chat script.


3405311 became 340531 then 34053 and so on each time it went through the
loop without connecting. 

To get this back to working I just replaced /bin/sh with /bin/bash in the
execute line. Let me know if this should be documented in a PR or if
someone knows what piece of code is broken.

                                  o  o
|| "Please explain to me the scientific          | ||
||   nature of the whammy." -Scully              ______________________||
||                                                                     ||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||                                                                     ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||                  ||