Subject: Re: Solutions (was Misc. problems)
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1998 19:08:13
That would be kind of hard considering that it didn't exist yet. Besides I
regularly wipe my kernel build directory (rm -rf the whole thing) so I'm
pretty sure that it's not a stale set of files. As I said I am compiling a
new PPP_TEST kernel so even if my other kernel is stale. This brand new
configuration shouldn't be.

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> >First I did compile a custom kernel with PPP_FILTER and PFIL_HOOKS, it's
> >on its sixth incarnation with these options... yes I have the bpf psuedo
> >devices, if there is a bpf option I have never heard of it. Like I said I
> >had all this working with 1.2.1.
> >Dave could I see your ppp options file? particularly the
> >active-filter, idle, and holdoff sections. Maybe I'm doing something wrong
> >within the config file. I'm going to recompile a GENERIC kernel with
> >PPP_FILTER, sbc, and PFIL_HOOKS and see if I have any luck.
>
> Really dumb question: did you do a "make clean" in your kernel build
> directory after you added these options?
>
> --Ken

                                 \||||/
                                  o  o
|| "Please explain to me the scientific          |  tcjam@voicenet.com ||
||   nature of the whammy." -Scully              ______________________||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||      http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/home/keys.html                  ||